BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Our client is a company with over 30 years of expertise in commercial interior design solutions. They offer a turnkey solution for the corporate, government, healthcare, higher education, and hospitality sectors in the Quebec market.
As a brand partner to the largest contract furniture manufacturer worldwide, the company delivers complex projects for progressive customers who value innovative, creative and state-of-the-art facilities as part of their corporate culture.
In order to position itself as the leader in its industry, our client is looking to hire a Strategic Business Development Manager (BDM) to support its sales efforts. This is a key role, and the person will report directly to the Director of Sales and Business Development.
In this new role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Build and implement a strategic plan to research, qualify and engage new business opportunities within multiple vertical markets (corporate, life sciences, technology, healthcare, and higher education
- Identify and generate new business opportunities for the company
- Present innovative solutions with a turnkey approach
- Create new relationships with potential business partners/clients
- Develop and implement unique value proposition and sales strategies with the management team
- Monitor market trends and competition to understand the industry positioning of today and tomorrow
- Maintain relationships with newly established clients
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new areas to explore
- Collaborate and guide the internal team in responding to various requests such as: RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Prepare and present quarterly sales reports and update the company’s CRM
- Actively participate in various industry business groups, commercial shows, and networking events.
- University degree in Administration, Business or Commerce
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a sales or business development role in the B2B sector with major clients
- Relevant experience in the real estate and/or general contracting industry, building material sales and office furniture is considered a strong asset
- Very good knowledge of bidding activities and processes
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Very good communicator, both in French and English, orally and in writing
- Good knowledge of the main IT tools (Office 365, SharePoint, CRM)
- Positive attitude for teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, autonomy, and creativity.
- Full time 40H/week
- Hybrid formula
- Flexibility of schedule