PROJECT MANAGER, SHOPPER MARKETING & EVENT
Our client is a world-class communications agency and is the only international network of private agencies for the food and drink sector. The company designs and implements unique campaigns covering all communication and marketing expertise.
As a leader in communications for inter-professional organizations in Europe and internationally, the company also develops innovative strategies for companies and brands in the food and drink industry in all Canadian provinces.
Its dynamic team of passionate experts is based in Montreal and Toronto, and focuses on various areas of expertise, such as strategic planning, public relations, content creation, influencer marketing, media and digital campaigns, events, training of industry professionals, as well as shopper marketing activations.
The team excels in the implementation of point-of-sale promotions and e-commerce platforms, working with major players in the retail sector.
In order to continue serving its customers in Toronto and the rest of Canada, our client is looking to hire a PROJECT MANAGER, SHOPPER MARKETING & EVENTS. This role will be based in Toronto.
Your main mission will be to ensure the operational and logistical implementation of communications actions in Canada, on behalf of several customers & banners operating in the Food & Drink sector, for both B2B and B2C, and will be responsible for the following areas: Events & Shopper Marketing. Your main responsibilities will be to:
EVENT & PROMOTIONS
- Execute marketing strategies for prominent clients from the Americas and Europe
- Coordinate with business partners and suppliers
- Collaborate with food retail chains & other « Food & Drink » companies
- Manage the design, printing, and shipping of point-of-sale (POS) materials, including tasting notes, placemats, and in-store displays
- Identify key professionals for activations, such as speakers and local brand ambassadors
- Manage and maintain the database, including data entry, coordination of RSVP lists, and creation of top lists
- Research and expand our client contacts database
- Develop reporting decks for effective communication
- Manage budgets, ensuring profitability
- Assist Account Managers and the Trade Marketing Director with their account portfolio and campaign requirements
- Serve as the main point of contact for the agency, managing relationships with vendors, partners, retailers, collateral and material producers, etc., involved in marketing campaigns
- Act as an internal advocate for the project throughout its execution, including briefing and budgeting
- Analyze challenges and provide recommendations for problem-solving
- Create quarterly and annual KPI reports for ongoing projects
- Drive, optimize, and contribute to the growth of your client’s portfolio by ensuring high-quality project delivery
- Contribute to internal financial management and profitability analysis of campaigns and individual projects
- Focus on developing business with existing clients by presenting innovative ideas and solutions to expand relationships
- Stay updated on industry trends and relevant information that can provide value to clients, enhance the success of marketing programs, and uncover potential opportunities
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by fostering a collaborative process within the agency, leveraging its diverse offerings and experts to maximize the chances of winning competitive bids
- Conceptualize and effectively pitch program executions, both in written and verbal formats
- Contribute to drafting scopes of work and engage in negotiations with vendor contracts to optimize costs and capitalize on opportunities
- University degree in marketing or communications
- Fluency in French and English
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in shopper marketing or events management
- Good knowledge of key players in the food and drink industry
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Mastery of project coordination and management tools
- Solid understanding of budget management
- Ability to develop a network and maintain ongoing external contacts.
- Ease of verbal and written expression
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or independently, and to take the initiative.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the Canadian market and/or hold a work permit
- Passion for the Food & Drinks sector
- Experience managing events in the Food & Drinks area
- Complete group insurance program
- Retirement contribution program
- Performance-based bonuses
- Summer schedule
- Office in the downtown area – Toronto
- Hybrid work model