NATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Our client provides turnkey solutions to support patient entertainment and engagement in Canadian hospitals and long-term care facilities. Hospitals are responsible for providing healthcare services to all patients. Technology is affecting today’s healthcare environment more than ever before and having state-of-the-art technology can help healthcare providers improve patient comfort and satisfaction levels and increase their comfort level while staying in a hospital.
As part of its strategic growth, the company is looking to position its full range of products and services in healthcare facilities, and to do so, the company is looking to hire a National Business Development Manager for the Canadian territory.
The ideal candidate for the BDM role is a self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to drive growth for the organization. This role is an opportunity for someone who is willing to help building a business. Someone who is willing to take 100% responsibility and is passionate about the customer and results.
The National Business Development Manager (BDM) will be the company’s key point of contact with hospitals and long-term care facilities. The BDM will work with senior management to increase the company’s brand awareness and expand the customer database.
- Create initial contact with customers across Canada
- Develop and increase awareness of the company in the Canadian market
- Assist in the development and execution of the strategic business development and marketing plan
- Discover and close direct sales opportunities
- Generate over $750,000 in new sales revenue
- Act as lead or support for bid responses, if required
- Support contract negotiations, if required
- Participate in industry networking events to raise the profile of the company
- University degree in a related field of study such as business or marketing
- Relevant experience in sales of products or services to healthcare facilities
- Minimum of 3 years experience in business development, direct sales or marketing
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable in cold conversations
- Proven ability to understand and convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience with market research and strategy development
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience in the Canadian healthcare industry
- Bilingual – French & English (highly considered as an asset)
- The candidate will be assigned to the company office (located in Oakville, Ontario)
- The candidate will have the option of using the company office or their home office (Hybrid)
- The BDM will be required to travel to customer sites on a regular basis for meetings, demonstrations or presentations
- Travel for this position is expected to be up to 50%
- The BDM will be required to travel regularly to various healthcare facilities