Our client is a wear parts supplier providing integrated solutions to its customers in the mining industry and other targeted sectors, on a global scale. Built on values of integrity, innovation and customer-centricity, the organization with an excellent reputation strives to meet the demands of its partners and constantly strives to exceed their expectations. With modern manufacturing facilities and foundries and highly trained sales engineers on 3 continents, the company’s mission is to ensure the good performance of mining processes and other industrial processes by providing added value integral solutions and high-end client service.
As a leader in his domain of expertise and with internal teams constantly growing, our client is looking to fill a newly created position of Mechanical Designer/Drafter. Reporting to the Product Design Group Supervisor, this key role will interface with the Mill Liner commercial group in Canada. Supporting their marketing and operational objectives, the person will be providing the commercial group with simulation-driven design. This person will also:
- Autonomously lead his Mill Liner projects using CAD software such as AutoDESK Inventor, Geomagic, etc.
- Create new 3D CAD models and detailed mechanical drawings of complex mill liner or cone crusher components and assemblies
- Ensure compliance with required design standards, manuals, safety factors, geometric tolerances, and customer, marketing, and engineering specifications
- Execute an Engineering Change Order in a timely manner with minimal supervision using Autodesk Professional Vault application.
- Evaluate tolerance stack-ups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques
- Initiate conceptual designs and models addressing requirements of end-customers
- Traveling in Quebec, Ontario and to a lesser extent British Columbia will be required (15-20%)
- Interact with service manager and Marketing Account Managers to develop conceptual designs and gather operational data from customers to validate the performance of new designs
- Perform experimental test data, verify and validate computational results
- Recommend design changes to meet or exceed product performance requirements
- Support sales and marketing group by developing technical reports, presentations, and other documentation
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions and conduct design reviews
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience drawing/drafting new CAD models of complex mill liner wear parts or cone crusher components and assemblies
- College Degree in Mechanical Design or related field
- Excellent proficiency on using AutoDESK Inventor (Version 18 or above) for model creation (or similar CAD modeling software such as Solidworks)
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Vault Professional
- Well versed with MS Office Products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good Interpersonal & communication skills to work with others in the department, pattern engineers, customers, salespersons, and Marketing staff
- Ability to work independently in a team-based environment
- Capacity of producing quality drawings and models in a timely manner
- Project Management training or experience at managing a specific project
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Laser Scanning Technologies (FARO) and leveraging this technology in the mineral processing area, including but not limited to wear tracking of mill liners and crusher products
- Good understanding of top-down modeling and 3D parameterization techniques
- Knowledge of the foundry sector