CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
With almost a century of know-how, our client provides solutions for repair and maintenance, as well as manufacturing of industrial equipment. The company located in the Bas St-Laurent is recognized for delivering efficient, rapid, and sustainable interventions to organizations in the mining and industrial sector.
As a partner of choice throughout Eastern Canada, the company became expert in ensuring the business continuity of its clients. The organization stands out for its dynamism in innovation and its excellence in customer satisfaction. Its work force is characterized by a spirit of collaboration ensuring sustainability and profitability of their customers’ facilities, as well as a safe environment.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Operations will be accountable for developing strategic plans that will be aligned with the short, medium, and long-term Business and Operations objectives. He will be responsible for setting up the structure of the organization, its policies, procedures and will ensure they’re based on a sound management of operations and customer service. With both a strategic and tactical approach, he will be the promoter of a culture of excellence toward the administration of the staff, brand, partners, and customers. The VP Operations will work in a collaborative spirit with other members of the management committee in the implementation of commercial strategies. He will also:
- Contribute to all types of projects (operational, financial, HR, etc.)
- Coordinate meetings with teams to resolve operational issues
- Develop and implement strategies for operational production and service aimed to motivate teams and ensure productivity and profitability
- Ensure compliance with customers’ contractual commitments based on quality, costs, and deadlines
- Set up operational procedures and ensure their management and application within its teams
Focus on Quality-Safety-Environment factors in operations
- Develop skills within his team of professionals by giving them access to continuous training
- Assess risks, initiate quality assurance efforts, and develop a plan to maintain continuity of production
- Set up service operations aimed at strengthening customer loyalty
- Oversee the implementation of technological solutions throughout the organization
- Manage contracts for customers, suppliers, partners, and others.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
Our client is looking for an agent of change that will position the company in targeted markets by implementing a culture of profitable growth and excellence in customer relations. The ideal candidate should also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management or equivalent experience
- Have at least 15 years’ experience in a management position and in operations
- Bilingualism, both written and spoken (French and English)
- Experience and background mainly in the industrial or BtoB sector
- Solid experience within growing companies in a large geographic territory and holding several divisions and customer segments
- Have a strong strategic thinking to develop, implement and manage directional and tactical plans in a competitive environment
- Demonstrate major achievements in management positions, optimizing operations and profitable market growth
- Master the use of operational and corporate dashboards, securing target achievement
- Acquired skills in developing long-term client partnerships that fuel growth
- Being able to demonstrate strong leadership skills that encourage collaboration and employee engagement
- A management approach based on a clear communication of action plans, which focus on requirements and staff development
- Strong ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Solution focused and dedicated to the continuous improvement of process and business practices
Benefit from an exceptional opportunity to contribute actively to the development of a team of passionate professionals dedicated to the industrial operations of its clients.